ASANA · FOUNDATION OF YOGA · VEDANTA PHILOSOPHY · TANTRA · 8 LIMBS OF YOGA · ANATOMY ASANA LAB· YIN"FORMATION" · METHODOLOGY · CLEANSING & AYURVEDA · DIET AND NUTRITION MEDITATION · CHAKRAS· SATSANG · CEREMONY · KARMA YOGA · SOUND HEALING AND OTHER HEALING MODALITIES · YOGA NIDRA · MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
THE ART OF LIVING
200 HOUR ADVANCED TEACHER TRAINING
This teacher Training is based on Hatha, Tantra, Yin, Healing Modalities and Meditation. In order to start out on your individual journey it is important to heal from past stories that you may be holding onto. By releasing past traumas and fear based beliefs you are able to step forward into the light to allow yourself to shine to your fullest potential. This teacher training course is a combination of years of experience, expertise, and thousands of hours of teaching, self study, and training with various systems and it is all concentrated into a one-month long transformational experience. Echo Flow Yoga is registered with Yoga Alliance as a 500 E-RYT School.
This yoga training is perfect for dedicated students looking to refine and deepen their practice as well as for certified teachers who have already completed a 200hr or 500hr Teacher training and are desiring to move their teaching skillset beyond the scope of asana and into the more transformative practices of the ancient and incredible Science of Yoga.
This 200 hour training is perfect for you if you are looking to solely deepen your own individual practice, if you are wanting to teach with a sincere and deep understanding of the history and science of yoga. This is also a perfect opportunity for you if you are looking to deepen your relationship with breath (prana), your vital source of energy, and want to get to the root of calming and balancing your nervous system. You will learn to be more honest, open, and clear with yourself and your communication with others. This training will allow you to let go of disempowering beliefs, fear based reactivity, ineffective communication, and unhealthy habits with your daily sadhana (daily practice).
Training is based on tradition and classical Hatha and Tantra Yoga. At the core of this training inspiration is drawn from Vedanta, Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and Meditation systems from various concentrations. Modern teaching having included this training, but the ancient science of yoga through classical application stay intact and sacred to the practice. With proper education, will power, and drive students find that their practices begins on the mat but does not stay there. The practice is expansive and inclusive of our lives off the mat.
Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Journaling
We always begin the mornings with personal practice, self reflection and meditation. The afternoon practice is a mixture of teaching applications, alignment, anatomy, and yin.
- Warm Up
- Sun Salutations with variations
- Range of yoga asanas depending on day, climate, group energy
- Postural alignment
- Vinyasa Krama
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Injuries and all levels teaching
- Deep relaxation techniques
- Pranayama - basic and intermediate breathing techniques
- Meditation and journaling
Vedanta and Samkhya Philosophy Yoga Sutras of Patanjali - study of the text and commentary
- BhagavadGita - study of the text and commentary
- Look into Samkhya and Tantric Philosophy
- Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
- Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Nadis, Chakras, Bandha
- The Four Paths of Yoga: Karma, Bhakti, Raja, Jnana
- Kriyas - the cleansing techniques
- Nutrition and Diet for the yogis
- Consciously living as a modern yogi
- Introduction to the main body systems and the effects of asana and pranayama on these systems
- Focus on skeletal and muscular systems and their functions
- Therapeutic Alignment and Body Biomechanics
- Common injuries and how to prevent and address them
- Creating safe and anatomically beneficial sequences
- Practice of all Asana groups and in depth look at their alignment and biomechanics
- Learn to instruct asana (postures) with proper alignment and breath techniques
- Sun Salutations
- Hand on Assists
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Vinyasa Krama
- Learning to create sequences on theme, class level, climate, or demographic
- Creating a Hatha, Vinyasa, Tantra, and yin class sequence
- Use of props and Asana variations
- Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Cultivating tone and voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Learn how to create a safe space for your students
- Guided relaxation techniques
- A deeper look into injuries and physical limitations
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
Above all else this is a training to self involvement and transformation. You will take time to be with your thoughts, with your mind, with your breath. This intensive can be transformative if you allow yourself the vulnerability to let go, as well as give in to treating yourself with love, connection, clear communication and forgiveness. This will then naturally unfold in your external life so be ready for positive changes on and off the mat. Your own will power will drive this journey, so allow it to be a powerful one.
The Yoga Forest
Enjoy the peace and tranquility of mountains looking out over Lake Atitlán towards volcanoes San Pedro, Toliman and Atitlán. Offering a unique retreat space within a tropical forest with amazing views, comfortable beds, and delicious vegetarian meals.
The Yoga Forest is a sacred sanctuary with ancient Mayan altars, and natural springs that have been protected as a Natural Reserve in order to honor the land and the heritage of its people.
Connect to Mother Earth and create space for transformation, and self healing. Enjoy your training and the space to learn and study surrounded by natural Temples, as well as regular Kirtan & Song Ceremony, Ecstatic Dance and Sound Healing.