ASANA · FOUNDATION OF YOGA · VEDANTA PHILOSOPHY · 8 LIMBS OF YOGA · ANATOMY ASANA LAB· YIN"FORMATION" · METHODOLOGY · CLEANSING & AYURVEDA · DIET AND NUTRITION MEDITATION · CHAKRAS· SATSANG · CEREMONY · KARMA YOGA · SOUND HEALING AND OTHER HEALING MODALITIES · YOGA NIDRA · MYOFASCIAL RELEASE
Echo Flow Yoga Teacher Training is based on Hatha, Meditation and Healing Modalities. In order to start out on your individual journey it is important to heal from past stories that you may be holding onto. Releasing past traumas, and fear based beliefs you are able to step forward into the light to allow yourself to shine to your fullest potential. This teacher training course is a combination of years of experience through obstacles, challenges and hardships backed by creation, exploration and self progression. Thousands of hours of training in various systems has been concentrated into a one-month long transformational experience.
This yoga training is perfect for new students looking to refine and deepen their practice as well as for certified teachers who have already completed a 200hr or 500hr Teacher training and are desiring to move their teaching skillset beyond the scope of asana and into the more transformative practices of the ancient and incredible Science of Yoga. On the other hand this is an all level training. If you are brand new to yoga this comprehensive training is a beautiful foundational platform for you to begin to develop your practice as a practitioner and as a teacher.
This 200 hour training is perfect for you if you are looking to solely deepen your own individual practice, if you are wanting to teach with a sincere and deep understanding of the history and science of yoga. This is also a perfect opportunity for you if you are looking to deepen your relationship with breath (prana), your vital source of energy, and want to get to the root of calming and balancing your nervous system. You will learn to be more honest, open, and clear with yourself and your communication with others. This training will allow you to let go of disempowering beliefs, fear based reactivity, ineffective communication, and unhealthy habits with your daily Sadhana (daily practice).
Curriculum Training is based on tradition and classical Hatha and Tantra Yoga and the more modern practice of Yin Yoga. At the core of this training inspiration is drawn from Vedanta, Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita and Meditation systems from various concentrations. Modern teaching has been applied to this training, but the ancient science of yoga through classical application will stay intact and sacred to the practice. With proper education, will power, and drive students find that their practices begins on the mat, but does not stay there. The practice is expansive and inclusive of our lives off the mat.
Asana, Pranayama, Meditation, Journaling We always begin the mornings with personal practice, self reflection and meditation. The afternoon practice is a mixture of teaching applications, alignment, anatomy, and yin.
- Warm Up
- Sun Salutations with variations
- Range of yoga asanas depending on day, climate, group energy
- Postural alignment
- Vinyasa Krama
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Injuries and all levels teaching
- Deep relaxation techniques
- Pranayama - basic and intermediate breathing techniques
- Meditation and journaling
- Bhagavad Gita - study of the text and commentary
- Look into Samkhya and Tantric Philosophy
- Basic concepts of Vedanta Philosophy
- Subtle Anatomy: Prana, Nadis, Chakras, Bandha
- The Four Paths of Yoga: Karma, Bhakti, Raja, Jnana
- Kriyas - the cleansing techniques
- Nutrition and Diet for the yogis
- Consciously living as a modern yogi
- Introduction to the main body systems and the effects of asana and pranayama on these systems
- Focus on skeletal and muscular systems and their functions
- Therapeutic Alignment and Body Biomechanics
- Common injuries and how to prevent and address them
- Creating safe and anatomically beneficial sequences
- Practice of all Asana groups and in depth look at their alignment and biomechanics
- Learn to instruct asana (postures) with proper alignment and breath techniques
- Sun Salutations
- Hand on Assists
- Intelligent Sequencing
- Vinyasa Krama
- Learning to create sequences on theme, class level, climate, or demographic
- Creating a Hatha, Vinyasa, Tantra, and yin class sequence
- Use of props and Asana variations
- Teaching Pranayama and Meditation
- Cultivating tone and voice
- Confidence-building through practice teaching
- Learn how to create a safe space for your students
- Guided relaxation techniques
- A deeper look into injuries and physical limitations
- Informed use of props to improve or modify a posture
The Yoga Forest
Enjoy the peace and tranquility of mountains looking out over Lake Atitlán towards volcanoes San Pedro, Toliman and Atitlán. Offering a unique retreat space within a tropical forest with amazing views, comfortable beds, and delicious vegetarian meals.
The Yoga Forest is a sacred sanctuary with ancient Mayan altars, and natural springs that have been protected as a Natural Reserve in order to honor the land and the heritage of its people.
Connect to Mother Earth and create space for transformation, and self healing. Enjoy your training and the space to learn and study surrounded by natural Temples, as well as regular Kirtan & Song Ceremony, Ecstatic Dance and Sound Healing.
Any questions reach out to me at Echo@echoflowyoga.com
THE DETAILS OF GETTING TO YOGA FORREST
1. Get to Antigua at least a day early and stay the night – Antigua is the tourist hub of the country and nearly all transportation runs through here. There are shuttles every hour from the airport to Antigua (Q100, 45mins-1.5hr depending on traffic)
2. From Antigua direct- Get an 8am or 9am collective shuttle (or 9-10m private shuttle) direct to San Marcos la Laguna (Q100), 3.5-4.5hrs depending on traffic, roads and weather). You can also come via San Pedro la Laguna if there are no shuttles leaving for San Marcos la Laguna (Q100), 3.5-4hrs). If on a San Pedro shuttle service, either get off the shuttle in San Pablo la Laguna and take a tuk-tuk (Q5) to San Marcos la Laguna (the next town over), or go all the way to San Pedro and then take the ‘lancha’ boat (Q10) to San Marcos.
Arriving into San Marcos la Laguna; We are a 25 minute hike from the lakefront (15mins escorted along the mountain paths to The Yoga Forest from the back of town. Please find The Yoga Forest Meeting Point at Circles Cafe, just 30 meters down the path to the lake from the basketball court in the town center before 2pm. As there are no streets that lead to The Yoga Forest, this journey must be taken on foot. We do offer a escort service from Circle’s Cafe to The Yoga Forest for your groups convenience upon arrival. Extra trips would require hiking.
for days leading up to training
Guatemala City (near airport): Hostel Novo, Quetzalroo, Hotel Dos Lunas, Hostel Villa Toscana, Mariana's Petit Hotel
Antigua: A Place to Stay - Kula students receive a 10% discount! As a member of our extended yoga community, we invite you to enjoy a 10% discount at A Place to Stay, Boutique Hostel in Antigua, Guatemala. This is a small family run hotel with a casual/community-oriented feel offering both private or shared rooms depending on your preference. The owners can also book any transportation needed including shuttles to and from the airport and to Lake Atitlan.
In order to receive the discount, you must book directly on their website www.aplacetostayantiguaguatemala.com and use the promo code Kulita (on the booking page there is a spot for the promo code in the top right-hand corner). Any bookings made through 3rd party websites (expedia/booking.com/ hostelworld/etc.) are not eligible for a discount.
PRIVATE SHUTTLESPrivate shuttles are recommended and can be arranged for a direct service from Antigua or Guatemala city to San Marcos La Laguna for a cost of Q800 (US$115) between 8-10am ONLY. Our drivers will meet you on arrival at the airport, or hotel, and upon arrival show you to Circles Cafe to await the 2pm ESCORT SERVICE. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this for you.
PRIVATE SHUTTLE CANCELLATION NOTICE; Please be aware that short notice of less than 24hrs of a cancellation or delayed flight etc are still due for full payment. If a driver needs to be sent twice to get you (for them it is an 8 hour journey!) you will need to pay the cost of both trips.
Save these instructions and bring them on your travels to ensure a smoother journey to finding the Forest.
CONCERNED ABOUT SAFETY IN GUATEMALA?Guatemala is a beautiful country, from the people to the culture to the landscapes, offering amazing experiences to any traveler. Safety is as much a consideration here as in any developing country you may visit or in any touristed area where economic disparity exists. If it will be your first time to Guatemala, or you are a concerned traveler, we always recommend private transport for peace of mind, which allows us to be in touch throughout your journey to The Yoga Forest. Please aim for a morning arrival before 12pm at the airport, or spend a night in Antigua and come the next day.
While traveling and when visiting towns and villages, we advise mindfulness. Don’t flash expensive devices or carry large amounts of cash. Theft tends to be petty and opportunistic. Take care with your valuables and lock them away safely. During your stay at The Yoga Forest, 24/7 security is provided on the property as well as secure storage for valuables in our office safe.